“Stay with me, Jesus, even if I do not recognize You!" - Flame of Love, April 3, 2024

How Are We To Love God?

Image Source: Wikimedia Commons)
I require that you should love Me with the same love with which I love you. This indeed you cannot do, because I loved you without being loved. All the love which you have for Me you owe to Me, so that it is not of grace that you love Me, but because you ought to do so while I love you of grace, and not because I owe you my love. Therefore to Me, in person you cannot repay the love which I require of you, and I have placed you in the midst of your fellows, that you may do to them that which you cannot do to Me, that is to say, that you may love your neighbor of free grace, without expecting any return from him, and what you do to him, I count as done to Me. 

 Jesus to St. Catherine of Siena

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Was Not Off The Mark, Was He?