"To give ourselves to God in prayer is to find a door in our heart unlocking and opening to the hearts of other people." - Father Donald Haggerty

Approaching Confession

 

(Photo by Shalone Cason on Unsplash)

I shall not be overanxious about my confession…I will confess entirely, telling all my sins and the number as best I can and the circumstances that change their nature, no matter how shameful they may be…All that I need do is quietly make an earnest effort to do my best…Sorrow is really the most important thing in confession…Sorrow is an act of the mind and will.  It is not a matter of feeling…if I have no genuine will to hate sin and avoid it, I have no true sorrow…A very good proof of true contrition is change of conduct. 

Father Winfrid Herbst, S.D.S.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Was Not Off The Mark, Was He?