"To give ourselves to God in prayer is to find a door in our heart unlocking and opening to the hearts of other people." - Father Donald Haggerty

Your Will Be Done, O Lord, Not Mine

(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons)

O Lord, You know, what is best for me, let it be done according to Your will.  Give me what You will, in whatever measure You will, and at whatever time You will.  Give me what You know to be the best, as pleases You best, and as will best promote Your glory.  Put me where You will, and freely do with me in all things according to Your will. Am I not Your creature, and in Your hands, for You to lead me and turn me about as You will?  I am Your servant, ready to do all things at your command, for I do not want to live for myself, but only for You.  If only I could do this worthily and perfectly.

Thomas a Kempis

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Was Not Off The Mark, Was He?